October 21, 2021
 

Deva. Magna Curia

Author(s)/Editor(s): KOVÁCS András

Year published: 2007

Page count: 16

Size: 12 x 19 cm

Languages: Hungarian

ISBN 978-973-26-0907-1

Publisher: KRITERION

Sponsors: National Cultural Fund, Hungary

Stock availability: On order

Sell Price: 0.00RON

Deva. Magna Curia

The Series Historic Buildings in Transylvania, launched in 1993, presents the most precious examples of Transylvanian built heritage connected to the Hungarian culture, with the purpose of drawing the general public's attention on values, heritage and our responsibilities towards these. The publications of this series are recommended especially to those who at present own or use such values, but also to those who are interested in history, architecture and the Transylvanian art.

Number 46 of the Series Historic Buildings in Transylvania presents the royal curia placed at the foot of the castle hill of Deva. Even if it probably existed ever since the foundation of the county, the Renaissance manor house was mentioned for the first time only in 1594, during the ownership of Ferenc Geszti. The edifice was transformed by various princes, gaining its present appearance in the 18th century, when it was in the possession of Count János Haller and his wife, Zsófia Dániel.